Last Revision: August 1, 2019
We collect information that is required to provide you with support or services that you have requested. Some information can be voluntarily provided, while other data will be automatically collected while you are using our sites and services.
Information You Provide
- Identification & Communication Information - When you are registered for Stratosphere or contact us, you may be asked to provide your name, e-mail address, employer, mailing address, phone number, or other contact and demographic information.
- Other Information – You may provide other data voluntarily in the course of using our services, including in the course of support, participation in surveys, or other actions taken on our sites.
Information Collected Automatically
We collect information about you and how you use our services and sites in order to improve your experience. This includes:
- Usage Information – Pages you visit, time on page, clicks, data entered, date and time of access, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, Internet Service Provider domain name, which web page you entered from, browser used, language, and country and city of access.
- Device Information – Type of device, hardware model, operating system and version, screen resolution.
We use the information we collect through Stratosphere to:
- Enable you to receive alerts about your account or inventory;
- Provide, improve and develop Stratosphere;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and Stratosphere performance;
- Comply with any applicable laws and regulations, or respond to lawful requests for information;
- Enhance the security of our services; and,
- Send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations;
- Assist in protecting you from fraud and misuse of your personal information.
- Between our third-party service providers only to the extent necessary to provide Stratosphere and the related services;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Terso or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Terso and its current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership;
- With your consent or at your direction; and
- We will not sell, rent, or lease your information to third parties.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
We take reasonable measures to protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. These measures include, but are not limited to, using encrypted communication protocols (TLS v1.2 or higher), hashing stored passwords, and limiting internal system access to only authorized and qualified individuals.
Certain cookies we use last only for the duration of your session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return and, as such, will last longer. Most browsers are set to automatically accept cookies by default. However, you can change your browser settings to prevent automatic acceptance of cookies. You may block or delete the cookie from your computer without substantially impairing your use of the website.
Third Party Analytics
We use third-party service providers to provide site metrics and other analytics services. The third-party service providers are bound by confidentiality obligations and other restrictions with respect to their use and collection of your information.
This Privacy Notice does not apply to, and we are not responsible for, third-party cookies, or other tracking technologies, which are covered by such third parties’ privacy policies. We encourage you to check the privacy policies of these third parties to learn about their privacy practices.
- Where applicable law requires, we will provide you with information about the personal information we process about you, and the purpose and nature of the processing.
- Users with the “User Management” role may update or correct your personal information at any time. Certain info may also be edited in your profile.
- You may disable your Stratosphere account at any time by contacting us at the address below. However, even if your account is deactivated, we will retain your information. If you wish to be erased from our systems, please contact us and we will accommodate this request in accordance with applicable laws.
- You may opt out of promotional communications by following the instructions in those messages to unsubscribe, or by contacting us. We will still send you non-promotional communications required to service your account.
Transfer of Information
Terso is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using Stratosphere or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer and storage of information in and to the U.S. and other countries, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law.